Forgot Hotmail password? It’s not easy to remember login details of so many accounts these days. And as security experts recommend not to use the same password for multiple accounts, it’s hard to remember different passwords for different services.
Fortunately, Hotmail password reset is a hassle-free task, and you can perform it anytime you want. Only one condition is, you should have access to recovery methods. You can reset Hotmail password without a phone number or email, but it will require some time and depends on the details you remember about your account.
How to Reset Hotmail Password?
Are you getting ‘Your account or password is incorrect’? If you don’t remember your password, reset it now.’ message in the process of Hotmail email login? It happens when your password doesn’t match with your email address. So instead of making a fuss over it or trying too hard remember old password, you can just reset it with the following process.
- Go to password reset page or visit hotmail.com > Enter your full email address > Forgot my password.
- Select the option ‘I forgot my password’.
- Enter your Hotmail account and type the given captcha. If the captcha is hard to read, then click ‘New’ to get a new challenge or click audio to listen to the captcha code.
- You’ll get multiple options to get a security code from Microsoft. You can select email or text option as per your convenience. But you have access to only one recovery method then select the option you can access.
- Enter the code you’ve received in verify your identity page. If you don’t receive the verification code, then you can use a different verification option. For text message selectors, it may take few minutes to receive SMS depending on your network. You can hit resend option when it takes more than few minutes.
- After successfully verifying, you reach into password reset page, where you have to create a new password for Hotmail account. Passwords must have at least eight characters and contain at least two of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. And you can’t recycle the old password.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully recovered Hotmail password. Now you can log in to Hotmail with the new password.
Reset Hotmail Password without Phone and Email
It’s very important to keep your password recovery methods up to date. But sometimes you forgot to update the info and when time comes you no longer have access to any of recovery methods. You can recover your Hotmail account even without phone or alternative email option, but it’s a complex process. It takes some time and you’ve to remember actual details about your account.
- Follow the same process above mentioned. hotmail.com > Enter Hotmail ID > Forgot my password.
- After entering a captcha code, select the option ‘I don’t have any of these’ under the question ‘How would you like to get your security code?’
- They will ask contact email address. Enter the current email which you’ve access to. If you don’t have an alternative email address, create new Hotmail account in another tab and give your new Hotmail ID.
- You’ll receive the code on the email which you’ve just provided.
- After entering the security code, you’ve to fill the form with your details like first and last name, birth date and country.
- In each page, you’ve to provide details about your account. You’ve to give at least 50% correct answers. If you give all or most of right answers, you get access to your account.