Need email to communicate with friends, sign up for social profiles or subscribe for websites or services? There are many free email service providers to choose from, but you have to select the provider which is trustworthy, efficient and problem free. Create Hotmail account to get secure, simple and efficient email service. Hotmail Sign up process is easy and trouble free. You just have to provide some of your basic information to Microsoft.
Hotmail account is also known as Microsoft account, so once you register for Hotmail account, you don’t need to create a separate account other Microsoft services like OneDrive, MSN, Skype, etc.
Here we are guiding you through the registration process; we have explained the process in details. We’ve also included necessary images and video, so you won’t get confused in any step.
Hotmail Account Sign Up process
- Visit Hotmail registration page from your web browser. You can create new Hotmail account either via mobile/tablet or laptop. Or you can go to Hotmail.com or outlook.com and click on ‘Create one’. You will be redirected to sign up page.
- You’ve to fill the Hotmail sign up form. All the information are required so enter your true details. Required information is to identify it’s you. You also need to provide a phone number so you can use it in future to recover the Hotmail account if you lose access.
- Enter your full name in first to space. Use your real as the name provide will be shown to your friends, colleagues, and others. Microsoft will use the same name across all of its services.
- An username will be your email address. Select appropriate username. Good usernames are always scarce. So if the id you want is already taken, try another or add suitable number or alphabets or words and try again. You can make either @hotmail.com or @outlook.com address. Enter the username your require like this email@example.com
(If you’ve visited directly to sign up page, you need to click ‘Get a new email address’ just below username.)
- Type password for the new Hotmail email account. Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts. And don’t use too easy to guess the password. A secure password consists of more than 10 characters, alphabets, numbers and special characters. Passwords are case sensitive so remember which alphabet you use is capital and which is small. Re-enter the password again in the space named Reenter password.
- Select your country region. Microsoft generally auto detect your country or location so you don’t have to select it manually unless you want to register for another country.
- Enter your birthday and gender. Use your real birth date. Microsoft will not show your birth date to others so you can be sure it will be your secret.
- Enter your phone number. It is to verify your new Hotmail account. Microsoft account will not publish your number to others. Always use current number, as you will getting verification text or call to your number.
- Enter email address if you are currently using any. It will be easier for you to recover your account in future via alternative email. Don’t worry even if you don’t have an alternative email address, you can complete Hotmail sign up process without alternative email, just leave the space blank.
- Enter the captcha code to verify you are not a bot but a human. If captcha code is too complex to read, click New. A new captcha will appear or click Audio, you will hear captcha code, enter accordingly.
- Finally, click on ‘Create Account’. But we recommend you to check all the information you’ve entered are correct.
- Your new Hotmail account needs to be verified. You can select either call or text to receive the verification code. Once you verify, you are ready to go with Hotmail ID.
Congratulations, for making new Hotmail ID. Now you can access all services provided by Microsoft.
Sometimes there is a server error or any other technical error. If such issues arise, try to sign up again after some time. Please let us know if you face any problem on Hotmail sign up.